Duration : 50 Hrs.
A basic foundation course of 50 hrs/15 days in yoga asanas, kriyas, meditation and pranayama will be imparted
- Surya namaskar (sun salutations) – dynamic surya namaskar, surya namaskar with breathe awareness, surya namaskar with mantra chanting.
- Types of hatha posture – standing poses, sitting poses, backward bending poses, forward bending poses, spinal twisting poses etc.
- Postural alignment
- Counter pose
- Sitting postures for pranayama practice
- Types of pranayama – nadi shodhana pranayama, bhastrika, brahmari, and anuloma viloma.
- Jalandharabandha (chin lock)
- Uddiyanabandha (abdominal lock)
- Mulabandha (root lock)
- What is meditation & what is not?
- Shavasana and Yogic breathing
- Jal Neti
- Vaman Kriya or Gajakarni
Candidates are supposed to present a medical certificate confirming the individual is fit for pursuing the course.